About this group: Children’s group will meet weekly to discuss and learn about their emotions and how to handle the difficult ones! Licensed therapist will teach through art and crafts, music and storytelling. Topics will include emotion identification, communication, mindfulness and meditation.
Our philosophy: Our goal is to help children see that their emotions are safe and normal. Helping children become aware of their emotions is the first step to help them gain control of their feelings and actions. Being in a group with other children will help them to see that they are not alone in their emotions. We are dedicated to ensuring a great experience for each child. This group is for children ages 6-8 and 9-11. Each group session will last 60 minutes.
What we teach: emotion identification and healthy expression of these emotions.
- Ability to sense an emotion coming on and to be prepared for it.
- Steps (action plan) to deal with difficult emotions.
- How to communicate effectively with others about our emotions
- Control over our bodies and minds when we experience emotions.
- Children will learn that emotions don’t need to rule their lives! We can be aware of our feelings and experience them without all the drama!
Length of Class: Six Weeks
Cost – $150 per child (includes all materials and supplies)
Dates – Begins Tuesday, January 15th and runs each Tuesday until February 19th
- 4:00-5:00 PM (ages 6-8 yrs)
- 5:30-6:30 PM (ages 9-11 yrs)